Issue [insert number]
August 2006 (Number 337) includes features on:
- Star Organ - Andrew Hayden describes the 1851 Gray and Davison organ of St Anne's Limehouse, London (pictured right).
- Andrew Hayden also returns to the East Wretham organ by Corps, which has recently had its original elaborate decorative scheme restored.
- Andrew Williams visits a number of smaller organs in Estonia.
- Christopher Kent introduces the restoration of St Mary-the-Virgin, Calne's four manual Conacher pipe organ.
- Brian Hick reports back from the RCO Day at New College, Oxford.
- Brian Hick describes the church and organ of St Eustache, Paris and reviews Jean Guillou and the 17th Festival d'Orgue there.
- Andrew Hayden reports back from the BIOS HOSA project (Historic Organ Sound Archive) conference.
- The restoration by Richard Bower is announced of the 1786 Samuel Green instrument in East Bradenham Church, Norfolk.
- Michael Maine discusses the organ of The Dome, Brighton on the occasion of its recent rebuilding. Web link: www.domeorganbrighton.co.uk
- Brian Hick shows the 1992 Klais organ of the Hallgrimskirkja, Reykjavik. Web link: www.hallgrimskirkja.is
as well lots of news from the UK and abroad, columns from BIOS and GOArt, reviews of choral and organ CDs, books, concerts, new organ music, new installations, letters, and more. To subscribe, or receive a complimentary copy if you're new to The Organ, visit our subscriptions